FLA Trustee Meeting Minutes
October 10, 2018
7PM Cumberland Fire Station
Present: Janene, Ted, Greg, Ellie, Paula, Jan, Brianna
- See last meeting’s minutes online.
Treasurer Report – Ellie
- Reconciled through 8-31-18: $14,852.66
- A $375 deposit will be made this week.
- The IRS check cleared. Now we’re a certified non-profit 501-c3.
- Ted will take care of filing in December and then will be once every three years.
- The bank account still needs to be co-signed. Janine and Ellie will take care of that asap.
- Expenditures include 3 phosphorous tests and a $100 donation to Maine VLMP (Lake Stewards of Maine).
Update on grants – Janene
- No DEP money this year from grant. Have $3,000 for roads from Windham. Janene will talk to Donna and Gretchen about repairs. Have a plan for CCSWD for the 5 Windham sites that are in highest need (red). Will confer with Lakeside Drive Road Association. Motion made by Ted to wait until Spring 2019 to do the repair work. Motion seconded by Greg. Unanimous vote. Reminder to road association to save receipts and tally hours. We’ll request money each year. Gray gives $1000 annually for general operations. Ted and Greg will look over invoice/plans for repair before work gets started.
Update on new gravel extraction ordinances – Civil Affairs Committee
- The Mineral Extraction Committee is done. They held their last meeting two weeks ago and will present on the 23rd of October. A lawyer needs to review the violations for landowner wording in the ordinance. The 6 month moratorium is up for renewal this Tuesday, October 16th. One change is no new quarries in residential areas of 100 houses or more leading to a public road. Should consider a zoning change, as well, using Highland Lake as an example. Windham’s Comprehensive Plan is to keep it rural.
FLA/HLA meetings – Janene
- This is a collaborative effort between Forest Lake members and Highland Lake member.
- Janene and Ted met recently with Rosie (president of HLA) and Dennis Brown (HLA).
Watershed missing lot number – Paula
- Owner at 149 Cottage Rd (203-17) noticed her lot on the Watershed survey was missing. This was for Sector 4. Survey leader was Kristin Feindel of the Maine DEP. The FLA will follow up with CCSWD and her lot will be added. This year there is only funding for the Windham red zoned site.
Winter plans and Meeting Schedule
- Reviewed by-laws. Held meeting in August and October. Future meetings this year will be held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month:
April 10th – this meeting will be open to the public
July’s Annual Lake Association Meeting date TBD
- The town of Cumberland will be holding a meeting Thursday, October 11th regarding R. Copp appeal.
Meeting adjourned at 8:07.
Ted made motion. Greg seconded it.
Paula V. Curcio