The Forest Lake Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
What We Do
- Provide water quality testing and support statewide data collection through the Volunteer Lakes Monitoring Program.
- Coordinate a volunteer plant patrol group that conducts a yearly lake-wide survey of plant growth and invasive species inspections.
- Monitor the lake’s only dam, providing repairs as needed.
- Serve as community advocates for the benefit of lake residents and for the preservation of water quality.
- Host periodic social events and activities to foster a greater awareness of the watershed community.
- Raise money to use as matching grant funds and to support other Association efforts.
- Deliver newsletters and other information (by email or website) of value to lake residents.
- Conduct an annual meeting with informational workshops.
Support these goals with a household membership to the Forest Lake Association for only $25 annually.
- Association membership is open to any person or family with an interest in the lake. You do not need to be a property owner to join the Forest Lake Association.
- Each household is considered one membership.
- We have no paid staff. We are governed by an elected board of 9 Trustees and up to 5 Alternate Trustees who meet between annual general membership meetings.
- Four Association officers are elected at the general meeting: president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer.
- We are incorporated in the state of Maine as a Not For Profit entity.
Join the Forest Lake Association each and every year to support efforts to keep YOUR lake clean and the watershed area the very best it can be .
The Forest Lake Association works towards maintaining the quality of life, lake water, and community within our four-town watershed area.