Forest Lake Association
Trustee Meeting Minutes
West Cumberland Community Hall
November 15, 2021
Board members in attendance
In attendance tonight: Paula, Janene, Gino, Jan, Ted, Antonio, and John.
Janene called the meeting to order at 6:32 PM.
Paula reviewed the minutes from the last meeting held on September 21, 2021. Paula read the minutes and made some revisions. Jan made a motion to accept the minutes. Gino seconded. All voted in favor.
- A motion was made and unanimously passed for Ted to become the temporary treasurer, as Ellie needed to phase out of this role. Ted reported that we have $12,307.78 in liquid cash.
- The only bill we have is a $1500 balance due to Cumberland County Soil and Water a year from now.
- Directors and Officers insurance is about $700/year.
- Ted is going to look into getting an additional key for the PO Box. The PO box expense is $76/year.
- Janene reported a bad septic situation on the south side of the lake near the cove to the town of Cumberland. Jan reported it to the DEP. They went and checked it out but didn’t find anything. We will wait until Spring to see if it is still an issue.
- There was also a report of trees being in the cove. Janene reported this to Bill Longley, Code Enforcement Officer for Cumberland.
- The water quality testing is going to be done by Paula this year. She is going to get Dissolved Oxygen and Secci disc certification next spring to help out or take over for Janene and John.
- There is only one watershed sign to still be placed. We need a highway department metal pole which we hope to acquire in the spring.
- Welcome packets will be revised next year. Debbie is currently in Arizona but when she gets back she will be able to work on it.
- The DEP grant is being extended into next year.
- Calendar for meeting dates.
- Per the bylaws we need to meet in February, April and June. We agreed that we will meet:
Jul 23 for the Annual Meeting
- Antonio suggested that we acknowledge the land of the Wabanaki before starting our meetings. This action is becoming more common nowadays. The idea was discussed and tabled.
- There will be no new grants for 2022. The 2019 grant is still not finished.
- Gray has a new town manager. It was suggested that one of us should go meet with the town manager to discuss grant money that should be going to all of the lakes in town. Little Sebago gets the bulk of the money each year.
- The 319 grant grant was discussed including the $3,000 match for each of the three towns.
- Discussion about dues structure was next. We need to figure out how we get more than 50-60 people as members out of the couple hundred lakes and on back lots.
- It was suggested that we include a dedicated dam fund in our future budget for dam repair and maintenance. We can fund this operation with dues/grants.
Jan made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:30. Gino second; all voted in favor.