Forest Lake Association Trustee Meeting Minutes
February 6, 2019
West Cumberland Fire Barn
Janene, John, Ted, Greg, Ellie, Paula, Brianna
Meeting started at 6:32PM
- Paula reviewed the minutes from the October 10, 2018 meeting. A move to accept minutes was made by Ted. Ellie seconded it.
- One transaction occurred since our last meeting. The balance is $13,039.17 as of Jan 31st.
- 501(c)3 tri-annual filing will be done by Ted.
- There is about $4,000 in grant money so about $ 9,000 is expendable.
2019 319 Grant application DEP
- Didn’t get grant last year. Heather emailed and asked if we wanted her to do the grant again. Paid Heather True Huntt $2000 last year for her services. Should we hire her again? Do it as a percentage? Can we get a copy of last year’s grant? Janene will contact her. All voted in agreement to contact her and get a copy.
Windham Grant Application
- Asked for $20,000 for lake.
- Nothing’s been fixed yet on the Windham roads because it was late in the year last year to start. Will decide what to work on in March or April.
- Brianna noted that Cypress Hill is not part of James Way Association
- We have received $1,000 from Gray.
- We haven’t issued Cumberland an invoice for $750 but will. That was money that was promised for 2018.
Watershed protection plan for 2019
- Janene presented the watershed protection plan to the Windham Council last night. They had a copy of the protection plan that they each could see.
- Deb Cury is done as secretary. Many questions were raised about her position. Ted suggests that we contact Deb and figure out what she did and what we need to do to divide the work. Also questions about the website and newsletter: What about Constant Contact? Mailing list? Full Court Press made the newsletter.
- Debi is no longer a trustee. We reviewed the list of trustees. There are 2 slots to fill: John Curry is retiring. We need to appoint an alternate to finish his term. Alt- Kim, Brian, Antonio or Jan
- 2019 Paula John Liz
- 2020 Janene Jon Curry Greg
- 2021 Ted Brianna Ellie
Civic Affairs Committee
- The issue is sitting with the Planning Board right now
- There is a workshop with the Mineral Extraction Committee on February 11 with the Planning Board before their regular meeting.
- There will be a meeting with Rebecca Cummings at Rosie’s house (she’s the President of Highland Lake Association) on Saturday, Feb 9th with members of the CAC to discuss strategies
- There were no minutes for the MEC meetings which is a concern, as is the fact that they didn’t address the zoning issues which was part of their charge
- A thorough Power Point presentation by the CAC has been shared with the Windham Town Council and Planning Board members
- Brianna discussed dues increase. 80 household members. We will put dues and marketing on the agenda for next meeting.
Ted made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Janene seconded it. The meeting adjourned at 7:27PM.