FOREST LAKE ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING
APRIL 10, 2019
WEST CUMBERLAND FIRE STATION
AGENDA and MINUTES
Present: Ellie, Greg, Brianna, Liz, Paula, Ted, Janene, Antonio and 5 members of the public
The meeting began at 6:39PM
SECRETARY REVIEW OF MINUTES
- The minutes were read by Paula and Ted made a motion to accept them. Liz seconded that. They were accepted unanimously.
- Ellie reported that there is $13,089.17 in the account. Have not seen money from Gray yet this year. $9500 May 17-18 expended CSW which leaves a balance of $4206.43. Ted made a motion to accept them. Liz seconded that. They were accepted unanimously.
WINDHAM COUNCIL MEETING APRIL 9: UPDATE ON MINERAL EXTRACTION IN WINDHAM
- It was accepted as an emergency provision.
- Included a population density exemption/ exclusion of over 100 houses.
- Zoning was not changed yet.
WATERSHED PROTECTION PLAN : LAKESIDE DRIVE REPAIRS AND UTD ON PLAN. NEED VOLUNTEERS TO IMPLEMENT THIS PLAN
- Plan was made in 2018. Lakeside drive is our priority Have plans for those 5 of the high impact sites
- Need to just get the road fixed to meet the grant from last year ($3000 matching grant).
- $21 per hour for volunteer time.
DEP GRANT: CCSWD REAPPLYING FOR 2019
- It’s in the works with Heather’s assistant.
WATER MONITORING. NEW VOLUNTEERS WELCOME.
- Always looking for new members
- Janene will resend the dates of classes
- Brainstormed ideas: Ask at annual meeting? Educational push? Mailer? Need grassroots efforts/ spin on it? Ex. What we do…
- Need to put it on agenda for summer meeting
- Ted will start creating a flyer this week
- Rod suggested that the road associations join the FLA.
CAC AND WPPC (Watershed Protection Plan)
- A lot of these things done by these two committees that’s why these sub committees.
- Brianna read Tim Nagle’s email from today (4/10) regarding a referendum.
- Dennis Brown of Highland Lake inquired.
- We care about zoning, moratorium on subdivisions on farmland zoning should be a priority.
- Will look at agenda
WEBSITE UPDATE, CONSTANT CONTACT, FACEBOOK PAGE DEBIT CARD : TED
- Ted emailed with Deb, changed passwords, figured out CC.
- Mailing list is 175 people. $15/month website built under WordPress.
- $150/year for Ted’s connection: website maintenance, changes, updates,
- Get debit card for FLA bank account.
- Ted made a motion on getting website. Greg seconded the motion.
- Ted made a motion on getting a debit card. Ted /Ellie
2ND ACCESS TO QUICKBOOKS, KEY TO PO BOX
- Thumbdrive to Janene
- And we have two keys Paula will get the 2nd key.
ACTIVE SECRETARY ROLE
- Ted thinking a bylaw change to have a recorder and correspondence
- Paula and Brianna respectively
- Ellie will file any reports.
- We get a tax break.
$14,000 GRANT FROM WINDHAM, WHATS NEXT? WPP COMMITTEE
- That’s free and clear money for the watershed.
- We got 14k out of 35,000 that was raised by boating licenses.
- The town wants things to be documented.
- The WPP committee will talk about it.
FOREST LAKE WATERSHED IMPLEMENTATION GRANT AGREEMENT WITH ROAD ASSOC
- Liz Hamilton is going to work on it. Cathy volunteered to help.
- Is there an alliance of lakes? Maine lakes society?
WATERSHED SIGNS : DEP
- We want to do that. Wendy at DEP said we design it. Check with towns for permit.
- Amanda Pratt will take over.
PLAN FOR ANNUAL MEETING DATE
- July 20th
- More meeting dates: May 15th at 6:30 and June 11th, 2019.
- Antonio is offering a show to raise funds.
The meeting adjourned at 8:14PM after a motion from Ted.