Forest Lake Association Meeting
April 21, 2021
West Cumberland Methodist Church
(originally February 3, 2021 but rescheduled to April, 2021)
Members present and following Covid protocol:
Greg, Janene, Kim, Paula, Cathy, Ted and Jan.
Janene called the meeting to order at 6:34 PM.
Secretary Report: Paula
Members read the report. Jan made a motion to approve the minutes. Ted seconded the motions. All voted in favor.
Treasurer report: Greg reporting for Ellie
The balance as of March 31, 2021 = $17,222.03. Of that sum FLA has $13,015.60 in unencumbered funds. A detailed balance sheet was presented and reviewed. The insurance invoice has not yet been received; last year it was May or June.A detailed report for last year’s annual meeting (that was not held) was also submitted.
Ted will file the annual form for the 501c3 tax return for non-profit status.
Ted made a motion to accept the treasurer’s report as is. Kim seconded the motion. All voted in favor.
Newsletter: Debbie Hastings
Debbie, Cathy and Liz have started on the newsletter. They are trying to include historical information on the dam house in this upcoming edition.
Briana has updated email addresses from the FLA Facebook page.
Watershed signs: Janene
Ali Clift of the C.C.S.W.D. is ordering them. We are getting 6. The towns of Gray (4) and Cumberland (2) have agreed to put them up. Gray will charge $30. There are no signs that need to be placed in Windham.
319 Grant review: Janene
A meeting was held that included Heather Hunt. Janene, and Scott Campbell to discuss the grant. Things left to do include:
- reviewing the medium impact sites and reaching out to those people. Kim reported that Lakeside Drive prioritized their sites at their last road meeting.
- There are still two more high impact sights to deal with.
- Need to give a roadside workshop that involves walking the road with an engineer. Scott should do it on Lakeside Drive.
- Welcoming packet needs to be completed. Janene will complete it with Debbie.
- Determining if we still owe them $3,000
The discussion turned to the lake level and the dam. Kim remembers that in the past (perhaps 20 years ago) the water level would be lowered through the winter in order to deal with the hydraulicing. Ted will talk to the engineer at the state to see if there are any regulations and liabilities.
Annual meeting: All
It was decided that the meeting will be held Saturday, July 24, 2021 in person or via Zoom. It’s too early to determine if food will be served or what gathering mandates will be. We will be including a raffle.
New officers: President and Treasurer
We reviewed the current Board of Trustees. Brianna Clark has resigned as a trustee. Kim will no longer be an alternate and now move into Brianna’s position.
The board expressed appreciation for everything Janene has done as president, often over and above other responsibilities she has. Ted, and others offered to help her with FLA stuff to do, and Jan offered to be the new Vice President, and assist Janene. Janene agreed to continue as president, Ellie also expressed to Greg her willingness to continue as treasurer. Ted made a motion to accept Jan’s offer to move to VP; Cathy seconded the motion. All voted in favor.
Next meeting dates
The next meetings will be May 19th and June 23rd to prepare for the annual meeting.
Wake buoys – We still need someone to put them in and take them out, preferably someone who lives in the cove where they are located. Janene will ask Debi and John Curry.
New business for next meeting
- 2021 dues
- Ways to increase membership
- Gravel extraction pit update: attorney findings -Ted
Ted made a motion to adjourn the meeting; Cathy seconded. All voted in favor.
Janene adjourned the meeting at 7:44PM.