FLA Trustee Meeting
June 13, 2022
West Cumberland Community Hall basement
The meeting started at 6:32 PM. In attendance: Jan, Paula, Ted, Cathy, Antonio, Greg, Don, Deb, Gino, and Kim.
Paula read the minutes from the last meeting held on April 4, 2022. Discussion and slight revisions followed. Ted made a motion to accept the minutes. Greg seconded the motion. All voted in favor
Treasurer Report: Ted
We have $12,172.28 in the account with $1,000 coming from the town of Gray at the end of the month. We had received $1,000 from them in 2020.
The group discussed dues and a donation structure but no decisions were made.
We also discussed making dues donations electronic. Ted and Deb will look into that.
We have $1,500 in fixed expenses.
Ted suggested that we keep $5k in reserve for emergencies and 5k in savings.
Greg made a motion to move $5k each into emergency and savings accounts. Paula seconded the motion. All voted in favor.
Newsletter-The annual newsletter is out to print then will be secured and stamped. It will be mailed to arrive about a month before the annual meeting. It was suggested that we ask Heidi to be our lake historian.
Dam– Don needs to riprap the shore on his side of the dam and it should be done soon. Don will check out the pricing. There might be some money left in the 319 Grant through Cumberland County Soil and Water Commission. Greg will attend that next meeting. It was noted that we have replaced the board only once since 1997.
Special Projects Committee– Gino made a motion to start a Special Projects Committee for dues structure. Ted seconded the motion. All voted in favor. Gino, Jan and Janene will be on this committee.
Annual Meeting Planning
- The annual meeting is scheduled for the 23rd of July.
- Ted got us a speaker who is an expert on loons. Thank you.
- Boating laws pamphlets would be good to have around.
- It was discussed that we should design and purchase magnets with the lake association logo and web address on them. Ted made a motion to authorize $250 for magnets. Jan seconded the motion and all voted in favor.
- We discussed items for the raffle and assigned people to get them.
- We discussed the breakfast potluck and how it’s a potluck so we’ll see what we get.
- Jan will get coffee at the Bru Thru.
- Signs need to be put up before the meeting.
Janene’s term expires in 2024 along with Greg’s and Deb’s.
Gino’s, Ted’s and Heidi’s terms are up this year and will go until 2025.
Officers will stay.
Gino will be the new Vice President.
Alternates Kim, Don, Anonio and Cathy will go until 2023 now.
For the mailing list Debbie goes to the town records. There are 320 names.
She does it manually on an Excel Spreadsheet.
Invasive plant patrol
There is a Maine lakes app from the National Resources Council of Maine (NRCM).
The 4th edition of the Lake Book is out now. It is a handbook for lake protection of Maine lakes and we will order a dozen. The website to order is info@lakes.Me
Ted made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:37 PM. Jan seconded; all voted in favor.