FOREST LAKE ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING
AUGUST 7, 2019
Cumberland Fire Station
In attendance: John G, Greg S, Kim H, Janene G, Paula C, Jan L., Brianna S, Debbie H
- Paula read the minutes from the last meeting.
- Kim made a motion to accept the amended minutes. All voted in favor.
- Our bank balance was $25,796.34 as of 6/30/19.
- Annual meeting proceeds = $1944. Unreconciled Balance as of 8/7/19 $29,740.34
- Paula made a motion to accept the report. All voted in favor.
Introductions/Election Deb Hastings as corresponding Secretary
- Kim made a motion to accept Deb Hastings as corresponding Secretary, Jan seconded. All voted in favor.
- Deb wants to bring the website to what is current, incorporate paypal, and get a stronger accurate database. She has access to the G suites, will contact Ellie to set things up
- Will contact Brianna for Facebook information and will be using MailChimp in the future.
- All present introduced ourselves to Deb.
Halloween event committee
- We have the hall for October 26th 2-4PM for a Forest Lake Association Halloween Fundraiser.
- It will feature Halloween stories by internationally acclaimed story teller Antonio Rocha.
- We got Antonio on the phone to answer questions and he suggested a 45 minute show for ages 5-90.
- Instead of a flat fee it will be donations.
- The committee will be: Greg, Paula, Antonio and Janene.
Thank you notes to the annual meeting contributors and also Anne Gass and state rep Cathy Breen
- Deb will send notes to the list of people who donated. List was given by Jan to Ted.
DEP grant Windham Grant money/ Lakeside drive work
- Haven’t heard yet if we are going to get money this year
- Kim updated Lakeside Drive Road Association information from its president Scott: They voted on and approved thousands of dollars for Lakeside Drive Road Association including $6,000 worth of work from where Goose Pond Road goes down into Lakeside Drive.
- First 666 feet of road from hill into the woods to put road fabric on road and then road gravel 14“
- Will create ditching and give controlled drainage.
- Story Bros need to be a DEP approved contractor to use the grant money
- There is a new debate with Clayton Copp and Windham where Lakeside Drive starts. Windham says it starts at the top of hill.
- Back up plan TBD.
- Discussed history of the Cumberland County engineer’s evaluation to review the worst sites.
- We need info to present to the town of Windham and it needs to be in a document.
- Re: Cypress HIll Drive is a 911 address but feel it’s more like a driveway
- Soil and Water commission
- No stipulation as to who can match that money so Cypress Hill work can be done.
- Take advantage of the grant and get documentation.
- Brianna feels that we need to let the town council know about the hold ups.
- Kim thanked everyone for their help.
Watershed road signs
- Janene is working on them.
- UPS store in Northgate can do that .
- Suggestion to use the Highland Lakes idea.
- Wake boats wakes are causing dock issues. Please document these.
Civic Affairs committee
- Storey Brothers will be purchasing the Cumberland town pit on Goosepond Road.
Meeting schedule and public meetings/ guest speaker:
- Next meeting will be Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Jan made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:00PM. All voted in favor.